You are viewing a preview version of this site. The live site is located at: https://cjp.org
This piece of content is not currently in a published status.
Local Programs and Events
We have many exciting programs and events already on the North Shore, with many more on the way. Check back for updates! For a comprehensive list of community happenings on the North Shore and Greater Boston, visit JewishBoston.com.
Families with Young Children
- Welcome Baby! offers connections to the Jewish community and resources for families that have had or adopted a child in the past six months. CJP partners with JF&CS to provide a home visit and gifts from the community to the family. To receive a visit or register a family, visit https://jfcsboston.formbin.com/forms/welcome_baby_registration.
- Families with Young Children Synagogue Engagement Initiative at Temple Beth Shalom and Temple Ner Tamid in Peabody offers parenting support, community-wide events, stroller walks and educational programs. For more information, contact Lynne Krasker Schultz, Families with Young Children Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Community-wide holiday events for families with young children are made possible through collaboration with the North Suburban JCC in Peabody. Programs include Shabbat, holiday and cultural events.
- Values in Action Parenting Conversations and Community Service Projects are inspired by Cohen Hillel’s school-wide initiative (The Values Project). Parents engage in discussion and then the entire family gets involved in hands-on community service activities.
Join Women’s Philanthropy for hands-on volunteer efforts, inspiring speakers and other meaningful opportunities. Visit www.cjp.org/women for the latest updates.
Programming for Interfaith Couples and Families
- CJP Leadership Development Institute offers synagogues and agencies support with leadership and Board development. For more information contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parenting Through a Jewish Lens brings parents together with expert facilitators to explore Jewish values that strengthen family life, and the roles and responsibilities of parents. This program, offered in partnership with Hebrew College, will be held in Marblehead. For more information, visit www.hebrewcollege.edu/parenting.
- Me’ah, in partnership with Hebrew College, is a Jewish education experience for adult learners of all backgrounds. Classes are offered at Cohen Hillel and Temple B’nai Abraham in Beverly. Visit www.hebrewcollege.edu/meah for details.
- One Happy Camper, a program offered in partnership with the Foundation for Jewish Camp, provides up to $1,000 grants to first-time campers attending Jewish overnight camp, regardless of need. Visit www.onehappycamper.org for details.
- BunkConnect is an affordability program for first-time campers offering special rates for participating camps to assist families with moderate incomes in covering the cost of Jewish overnight camp.
- CJP’s Discover Day School program provides tuition grants to middle-income families with a child enrolling at Cohen Hillel Academy for the first time. Applications for the 2015-2016 school year will be available in January 2015. For information, visit www.discoverdayschool.org.
- The Generations Boston Day School Endowment Initiative
is a national program that assists Cohen Hillel Academy in transforming their funding through endowment and legacy gifts.
- The Hatikvah Officers Mission will bring active duty IDF officers to the North Shore this spring for personal and engaging presentations.